Acid Proof Membranes
Membrane selection is essential to the working life of your process vessel. Key factors to consider when choosing the right membrane are chemical resistance to the process fluid, adhesion to the vessel shell, durability and life expectancy. We offer one of the most unique, protective lining systems in the market today with our PYROFLEX® acid proof membrane system. Our advanced membrane system is a flexible, uniform, thick sheet membrane used as an impervious barrier between acid-proof brick and corrosion-prone steel, alloy or concrete shell.
PYROFLEX® Acid Proof Membrane – An acid resistant, thermoplastic, flexible, non-porous and non-aging lining system applied in sheet form by fusing directly to a properly cleaned and primed surface without the use of an adhesive. Adjacent sheets are butted and fused together with a joint strip. The result is a continuous lining of uniform thickness with no lap strips. No vulcanization or adhesive cure is required. PYROFLEX® acid proof membrane does not undergo thermal decomposition below 500°F. This remarkable thermal stability accounts for its outstanding performance record in masonry lined towers operating at temperatures as high as 2300°F.
Advantage of PYROFLEX® Acid Proof Membrane Lining:
- Completely seals steel or concrete from chemical corrosion
- Directly adheres to steel or concrete without adhesives
- Continuous and uniformed lining - no lap joints
- Highly resistant to thermal decomposition
- Easy application - no curing or aging process required
- Acts as a deformation absorbing element between masonry and sheathing steel or concrete shell
- Readily repaired if damaged, reducing down-time costs
- Spark tested to assure barrier protection
PYROFLEX® 500 - Acid Proof Membrane Systems A fiber-reinforced composite membrane system; applied in sheet form by fusing directly to a properly cleaned and primed surface without the use of an adhesive. PYROFLEX® 500 - Acid Proof Membrane Systems is an extremely dense material's which absorbs less than 0.1% of boiling water. This material's thermal stability accounts for its outstanding performance record in masonry lined towers operating at temperatures as high as 2300°F.
PYROFLEX® DuPly Lining - Consists of an overlay of standard PYROFLEX® membrane with a layer of PTFE tetrafluoroethylene flouropolymer, which is essentially chemically inert. This provides additional protection for process excursions or if the brick lining is damaged during working conditions.
Besides our industry-proven PYROFLEX® acid proof membrane lining products, we offer other lining materials to meet our customer's specifications.
- Rhepanol - a graphite-filled polyisobutylene rubber sheet product used in the protection of surfaces from chemically aggressive media. Used mostly in conjunction with chemically-resistant bricks, tiles, clinker, etc. as surface protection against the effect of various liquid or gaseous chemical media.
- KNIGHT-GARD Protective Systems
- Glass Reinforced Resin Systems